According to the Holacracy Constitution (Appendix A: definition of core roles), the Lead Link is defined as follows:
The Lead Link holds the Purpose of the overall Circle.
Role assignments within the Circle
- Structuring the Governance of the Circle to enact its Purpose and Accountabilities
- Assigning Partners to the Circle’s Roles; monitoring the fit; offering feedback to enhance fit; and re-assigning Roles to other Partners when useful for enhancing fit
- Allocating the Circle’s resources across its various Projects and/or Roles
- Establishing priorities and Strategies for the Circle
- Defining metrics for the circle
- Removing constraints within the Circle to the Super-Circle enacting its Purpose and Accountabilities The Lead Link also holds all un-delegated Circle-level Domains and Accountabilities.
Lead Link accountabilities on holaSpirit
For each of his circles, the Lead Link can: