To get started on the right track, please follow these 4 steps:
NB: Already using Glassfrog? We can import your data in holaSpirit.
1. Create your organization's circle
By default, your organization's anchor circle is called "General Circle" (anchor circle definition found here)
- Rename the anchor circle to make it the main organization circle OR
- Maintain the anchor circle (as a board circle for example) and create the main circle as a sub-circle to the anchor circle.
Creating the main organization circle as a sub-circle of the General Circle:
- Go to the Meetings section in the left-hand menu
- Click on Calendar
- Click on Open a meeting now
- Select Governance and General Circle
- When Agenda comes up, Add an item in the Agenda, and click on +
- Click on the Agenda item and then
- Click on New Role and fill it in. Tick Make this role a Circle.
- Confirm the proposal
- Close the governance meeting
The main organization circle has been created as a sub-circle of the general circle
2. Creating organization roles
- Using the same method as when creating the organization circle, open a governance meeting within the circle and start creating your roles and sub-circles.
3. Inviting members of your organization
- Go to the Members section
- Click on Add a member
- Fill in the form
- Click on save
Members receive an e-mail asking them to log in. Need a batch import? please ask.
Remember, members won't be able to do anything until you have assigned roles to them (step 4).
If you want to initiate your organization without sending emails to your members, please enable a "test mode" before inviting them. Read more.
4. Assigning members to roles
- Go to the All circles section and select a circle
- In the Roles list, click on + next to the role you wish to assign. If you don't see the assignment, enter CTRL+R or CMD+R to refresh your webpage
- Choose a member and add a focus if necessary
Congratulations, you have just initiated your organization!